Matt Bird joins Jason for our twelfth episode to discuss his journey from no fashion experience to starting his latest venture, a monthly premium shirt subscription service – The Shirt Society. Matt's goal with the company is to deliver ‘a quality shirt and a perk delivered to your door or desk every month’.
The discussion covers what it takes to start a new business and put it in a position to grow, as well as how Matt and Jason deal with some of the common day to day challenges that are faced when running their businesses.
- What is The Shirt Society? How did it come about? 00:55
- How Matt and Jason originally met 05:00
- Matt’s background and how he got involved in fashion from no experience 09:13
- Dealing with comments online 18:38
- The Shirt Society name and target audience explained 20:41
- The importance of learning from your customers and how The Shirt Society will grow 24:43
- How Matt is looking into recycling old clothes as well as cutting down plastic and unnecessary waste 31:37
- Customer communication and the benefits it brings 38:02
- Managing sales calls and publications 40:53
- The time it took The Shirt Society to come to fruition and being realistic with goals 44:55
- The role and increasing popularity of ‘influencers’ 51:18
- Customer service and the benefits of being positive and nice 52:49
Find out more about running your own business and the importance of diversifying in Episode #9 of The Swifty Podcast with Adam Adshead of Factory BJJ