The Swifty Podcast Ep #5 - How to Design a Premium Scooter with the Swifty Co-founders
Swifty HQOur co-founders get technical for Episode #5 of the podcast, delving into our adult scooter manufacturing process. The talk ranges from the basics of why we chose to make big wheel scooters, the materials and the specifics of the manufacturing process, all the way down to the nitty-gritty of the scooters geometry. It’s the perfect chance to get to know both how and why Swiftys have come to be the premium product that they are today!
To skip ahead to a certain point in the conversation click below!
- Our initial steel frame design 00:52
- Why we changed our frames to aluminium 10:15
- Reasoning behind the steel front forks on our aluminium frames 13:12
- Manufacturing process of aluminium frames explained 15:52
- The difficulties behind designing a strong scooter 22:15
- The origins of big wheel adult scooters 27:59
- The importance of the geometry of a Swifty 31:48
- 16’ inch wheel sizes explained 34:46
- The decision behind Swifty’s ground clearance 39:46
- Reasoning behind the head tube angle 45:43
Find out more about the individual differences between different Swifty models in Episode #3 of The Swifty Podcast